- Job Title
- Machine Operator - 3rd Shift
- Essential Functions
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Casters are responsible for the quality of the tape they produce.
- They must be able to read the travelers to insure that they are using correct dielectric type and caster set-up.
- Thickness, density and porosity measurement and data recording in SPC Data Entry are required for this position.
- Work area is to be kept clean and neat at all times.
- Cross training for other jobs is required so that employees can occasionally fill-in, in other departments, when required.
- Additional or different functions may be assigned to the employees periodically.
- Supervisory Responsibility
- Must be self-starter and able to work without constant supervision.
- Ability to receive frequent verbal instruction and inspect work or materials produced.
- Must read and refer to detailed written instructions or procedure manuals explaining established procedures.
- Employee is responsible for applying general departmental policies and procedures to the process and in meeting the production metrics.
- Responsibility for Confidentiality
- Work Environment
- This job operates in a manufacturing/ production environment. This role occasionally uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers.
- Physical & Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to do the following:
- Sitting, standing, bending & measuring 90% of the shift;
- Some lifting - up to 30 lbs.
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation.
- Performs simple tasks that vary little from day to day.
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards.
- Interact with co-workers to complete assigned task
- Implements others’ decision/procedures with little judgement required.
- Must relay simple information orally.
- Position Type/Expected hours of work
- This is a full-time non-exempt position. Forty or more (40+) hours within a workweek.
- No travel is expected for this position.
- Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent and the ability to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to set-up and operate semi-automated machine.
- Preferred Education and Experience
- Preferred Elgibility Qualifications
- AAP/EEO Statement
- Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
- Other Duties
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
As an equal opportunity employer, Johanson Technology, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Johanson Technology’s career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources 805-389-1166 and/or email us.