|To protect brand equity through distancing ourselves from all counterfeit parts, specifically low quality, reliability, and parts that would have been illegal to sell or export.
Johanson strives to preclude introduction of counterfeit (CF) product into our supply chain through strict avoidance, mitigation, and disposition processes.
Johanson has implemented a documented policy via our ISO 9001/AS9100 systems as follows:
Incoming materials in the supply chain:
- Only buy direct from manufacturer or manufacturer’s authorized distributors to ensure product is new and authentic.
- Detect CF parts through incoming inspection.
- Detect, verify, and control CF parts after initial Rec. Insp.
- Control suspected or confirmed CF parts to prevent re-entry into supply chain.
For finished products:
- Maximize availability of authentic parts throughout product lifecycle (anticipate and manage obsolescence).
- Establish preference to buy from OEMs or authorized distributors.
- Specify contract/PO quality requirements.
- Conduct correct action analysis to determine CF parts.
- Report CF parts to customers and other authorities, as necessary.