|Goal||To protect brand equity through distancing ourselves from all counterfeit parts, specifically low quality, reliability, and parts that would have been illegal to sell or export.|
Johanson strives to preclude introduction of counterfeit (CF) product into our supply chain through strict avoidance, mitigation, and disposition processes.
Johanson has implemented a documented policy via our ISO 9001/AS9100 systems as follows:
Incoming materials in the supply chain:
- Only buy direct from manufacturer or manufacturer’s authorized distributors to ensure product is new and authentic.
- Detect CF parts through incoming inspection.
- Detect, verify, and control CF parts after initial Rec. Insp.
- Control suspected or confirmed CF parts to prevent re-entry into supply chain.
For finished products:
- Maximize availability of authentic parts throughout product lifecycle (anticipate and manage obsolescence).
- Establish preference to buy from OEMs or authorized distributors.
- Specify contract/PO quality requirements.
- Conduct correct action analysis to determine CF parts.
- Report CF parts to customers and other authorities, as necessary.