Specification Review Technician
Johanson Technology Incorporated is located in Camarillo, California, and has over twenty five years experience specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality RF & Microwave ceramic chip capacitors, inductors, and integrated passives. The company provides innovative passive electronic components to the global electronics market. In 2021, we shipped more than one billion parts from our Camarillo facility.
We are looking for an individual who wants to learn and grow with us and be a part of the Applications Engineer Team that supports Johanson customers. This position is responsible for reviewing customer documentation (drawings, specifications, and contracts) and converting those customer needs into Johanson requirements. This individual will interact daily with the global sales team and eventually will be communicating with company customers.
Why you are important to us? You will be a key member to the Applications Engineer Team in assisting the department’s strategic initiatives to drive our business forward.
To be successful as a Specification Review Technician, you must have the following attributes and skills:
- Review customer specifications, drawings and contracts and translate them to Johanson format and enter them into company software.
- Generate drawings of Johanson part numbers.
- Cross reference competitor part numbers to Johanson part numbers.
- Communicate with the Sales team regarding customer specifications, drawings and contract reviews.
- Create and/or maintain various reports.
Attributes and Skills:
- Eager to learn
- Problem Solver/Critical Thinker
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- AA in electronics or other similar STEM focus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, ability to read CAD drawings and specifications
- Basic understanding of circuit board layout
- Technical writing ability
Company Offers Benefits:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Medical (HMO/PPO/HSA)
- Dental (HMO/PPO)
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Bereavement
- 401k Savings plus company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Monthly Luncheons
- Remote - Hybrid
Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.