Process Engineer (Materials / Ceramics)
Johanson Technology Incorporated is located in Camarillo, California, and has over twenty-five years experience specializing in the design and manufacture of high quality RF & Microwave ceramic chip capacitors, inductors, and integrated passives. The company provides innovative passive electronic components to the global electronics market.
We are looking for a Process Engineer that will investigate root cause of failures and defects and monitor critical process parameters. You must understand design of experiments and statistical process control; experience in ceramics formulation, firing, and general manufacturing processes is required.
To be successful as a Process Engineer, you must have the following attributes and skills:
- Basic knowledge / familiarity with Dispersion Milling, Tape Casting, Thick film pastes, Screen Printing, Binder Removal, and Firing.
- Identify component parts of processes and equipment.
- Recognize factors involved in process performance.
- Perform in-process experiments (hands on) including operation of equipment.
- Create and execute a Design of Experiment (DOE) and report experimental results.
- Author specifications and procedures.
- Set up process controls, train personnel in their use.
- Lead projects to introduce new technology to improve process performance and reduce costs.
- Housekeeping chores will be performed as assigned; work area is to be kept clean at all times.
- Cross training for other jobs is required so that employees can occasionally fill-in in other departments, when required.
- Additional or different functions may be assigned to the employee periodically.
Attributes and Skills:
- Ability to understand manufacturing and testing, preferable in the ML/SL Ceramic Capacitors.
- Must have the ability to follow safety procedures when using manufacturing/testing equipment.
- Must be a self-motivator. Employee determines what needs to be done according to workload.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to effectively prioritize competing requests, while keeping lines of communication open and the team satisfied
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree of Science (Ceramics, Materials, Chemical, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to support medium to high volume manufacturing while making substantial improvements to Yield and Quality of new products and ramping from Pilot to volume manufacturing.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Excellent teamwork, multitasking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint), SharePoint, MS Teams, and Adobe Acrobat.
Company Offers Benefits:
- Medical (HMO/PPO/HSA)
- Dental (HMO/PPO)
- Company Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid time off (Vacation, Sick, Holiday and Bereavement
- 401k Savings plus company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Monthly Luncheons
Johanson Technology Inc., and Johanson Dielectrics Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.